Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hello :)


Its been so long since I have posted here! I love the idea of this blog and I need to commit to some time to make it the blog I originally wanted. A place for ideas and inspiration for people living and coping with disabilities. I do have some very good news, I got a great new job. I work for Target in their corporate offices. Its been very challenging to learn everything that I have had to learn. So much more than I ever thought. But it is coming together now very well. I am very happy and the sense of relief in my life is nothing short of a miracle. The timing was amazing. Everything fell into place beautifully. I started my training the Monday after I came back from my vacation from Cape Cod. As soon as I started I saw on the news that the government could not come to an agreement on funding the emergency unemployment benefits, so I would have not had that anymore after the 20th of june. I cant even stand to think about where I would be now had I not got this job. Target is a wonderful company to work for.

Now, I am learning to make friends with my cane! I just hate using it and rarely did, but its not an option now. I work in a large building. I have to use it with my left hand, I am left handed and now I feel like I am always one hand short. I feel like about 50 years older than I am and its just frustrating.

I was on google looking for some decorative canes. I think I need a pink one. But then again does that draw more attention to myself??? I guess if you have to use one, it might as well be with some attitude! lol I found nothing really. Some very pretty, elegant ones for men. I may have to give this some thought. Maybe come up with my own designs. Might be something new to design. :) Like I need another project. But I will keep you all posted. Have a very pretty day and I will be back after searching for new and inspirational ideas to share.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Gail, I enjoy both your blogs and just wanted to stop by and tell you! I can see you with a shabby chic cane, all done up in jewels and lace, or maybe the opposite, zebra stripes with some brass accents! Thanks for all your posts, and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward for your humble and inspirational ideas...
    The Blogging Test
    What kind of blogger are you?
    http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/blog_test/blog_test_instructions.asp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the balloons - beautiful - I agree - if you need to use a cane - make it special! You'll know the right one for you!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete